Skip Navigation
 
 

Welcome to Bedford Borough Council

Home > Community archives > Everton > Listed Buildings Formerly in Huntingdonshire

Listed Buildings Formerly in Huntingdonshire

Because the northern part of Everton was formerly in the Huntingdonshire section of Everton. Bedfordshire Archive and Record Service has very little information on the listed buildings in that part of the parish. The following buildings were all listed as Grade II, of special interest, by English Heritage in November 1986.

40 Church Road

The house is judged to be 17th century and is timber-framed, with colour-washed roughcast render. The roof is thatched and the building comprises one storey with attics.  

 41 Church Road with Number 40 behind February 2013
41 Church Road with Number 40 behind - February 2013

41 Church Road

The house is believed to be 18th century in date, timber-framed with colour-washed roughcast rendering. The roof is thatched and the house comprises one storey with attics. The porch is 20th century in date and there is a 20th century flat-roofed extension to the rear. The house has been “included for group value”.

Garden Cottage

The cottage has a datestone of 1868 and is built of red brick with yellow brick facings. It comprises 1½ storeys and is built in a T-shape. In 1927 it formed part of Storey Farm.

Old Woodbury House

The house dates from the early 18th century, being added to later in that century and remodelled in the 19th century in the Gothick style. It is built of brick and has been rendered, the rendering scored to look like blocks of ashlar. The main part of the building has tiled roofs, the 19th century additions having slate roofs. The barn attached to the south-west end of the farmhouse is also listed and is much earlier, estimated to have been built about 1600, though it has later modifications. It is timber-framed with brick nogging (infill between the timbers) and built on a brick plinth. The roof is tiled. The wall adjoining the house is of 20th century brick. It may originally have had five bays, now reduced to four

 White Wood Lodge February 2013

White Wood Lodge, Drove Road

The lodge dates from the late 18th century or early 19th century and is described as a “picturesque cottage”. There is a 20th century addition to the rear. The building stands on a stone plinth and may have a timber-framed front. The roof is thatched and the building comprises 1½ storeys.