Skip Navigation
 
 

Welcome to Bedford Borough Council

Home > Community archives > Brickhill > The Pheasant Public House Brickhill

The Pheasant Public House Brickhill

The Pheasant June 2017
The Pheasant June 2017

The Pheasant Public House: 300 Kimbolton Road, Brickhill

The Pheasant was opened in 1982 and stands on the site of Jackman’s Farm house. It underwent refurbishment in 1993 and remains open at the time of writing [2017]

Sources:

  • PSB9/2: licensing register: 1955-1996;
  • WL722/37: opening recorded in Charles Wells magazine Pint Pot: 1982;
  • BP65/60/67: photographs of the pub under construction: 1982;
  • WL722/75: re-opening recorded in Pint Pot: 1993;
  • WL722/96: mentioned in Pint Pot: 1998;
  • WL722/102: mentioned for fund-raising in Pint Pot: 2000

List of Licensees: note that this is not a complete list. Italics indicate licensees whose beginning and/or end dates are not known:

1982-1983: Samuel George Baker and John Alexander McBain;
1983-1985: Derek Charles Gibbs and John Alexander McBain;
1985-1988: Derek Charles Gibbs and Richard Hamilton McKinlay;
1988-1990: Richard Hamilton McKinlay and Raymond Reginald Sydney Wheldal;
1990-1993: Michael Foy and Susan Lesley Keen;
1993-1995: Michael Foy and Peter Grazier