Woodside Church Alterations and Repairs
The chancel east window September 2012
In 1896 the east windows of the chancel were filled with stained glass by Lavers and Westlake. They were in memory of the church’s great benefactor John Sambrooke Crawley who had died the previous year.
Detail from the eastern stained glass window in the north side of the nave September 2012
In 1914 a stained glass window was installed in memory Francis Crawley It is the eastern stained glass window in the north side of the nave. Sarah Bridget Crawley was commemorated in a stained glass window in 1925 on the south side of the nave.
Western stained glass window in the north side of the nave September 2012
A further stained glass window was installed in 1949. It was in memory of Edith Rosa Crawley and was designed by H. Warren Wilson. It is the western stained glass window in the north wall of the nave and is an attractive design showing Jesus with children.
The font September 2012
A new eagle lectern was purchased in 1943 and a font cover installed two years later as a thanksgiving for victory in World War Two. In 1962 the four original tubular bells were replaced by three new bells. Two more were added in 1978-1979. In 1996 the church was extended at the west end. This extension provided a room for meetings and other facilities.
The west end showing the belfry March 2007