Willow View Lower Dean
Willow View May 2011
Willow View, like its neighbour The Cottage, stands in the High Street. It was listed by the former Department of Environment in August 1983 as Grade II, of special interest. The department dated the property to the 17th century. It is built of brick facing over a timber frame and has a pantiled roof. The property comprises a single storey with attics.
The Rating and Valuation Act 1925 specified that every building and piece of land in the country was to be assessed to determine its rateable value. It is likely that Dean, like most of the rest of the county was assessed in 1927. The valuer visiting Willow View [DV1/C150/24] found it owned by Mrs. Wade of Dean Grange and occupied by Mrs. Mayes who paid £4 per annum in rent for a living room, a kitchen and two bedrooms.