Wymington, early 20th century [Z1306/138/5]
We have not yet been able to compile comprehensive history pages for Wymington. If you would like to carry out research and contribute to this site we would be delighted to hear from you.
Wymington is an ancient parish in the north of the county on the border with Northamptonshire. Bedfordshire Archives holds many documents relating to the parish; a search of our online catalogue with Wymington as the subject returns over 1200 items. Significant collections for researching people or places in Wymington include:
- P61: Records for the parish of St Lawrence, Wymington including: registers of baptisms, marriages and burials; records relating to church property; account books of overseers of the poor; settlement and removal papers; apprenticeship indentures; enclosure award and map.
- PCWymington: Parish and town council records, including: minutes; financial records.
- ABP/W: Wills proved in the Archdeaconry of Bedford, 1536-1857
- QSR: Quarter Sessions Records for Bedfordshire from 1714-1900. A search combining Wymington as the subject and QSR as the reference will find criminal cases in which the parish is mentioned.
- MA4: Inclosure maps and Award Book B
- MC1/5/0/1: Books of reference to the first edition OS plans
- GA1876-1890: Documents/ deeds relating to land in Wymington
- OR: Orlebar collection
- WW2/AR/C: Air Raid Precautions, Committee Material
- R1: Russell Estate maps
- SDWymington: Records for Wymington School [Parochial, Board, Public Elementary, VA CP, VA Lower]
- Z50/138: Photographs of Wymington
- Z1130/138: Postcards with pictures of Wymington
- Z1306/138: Postcards with pictures of Wymington
Further details of these items can be found through our online catalogue. Our detailed collection guides give more information about the types of records we hold.
Other useful sources for information about Wymington include:
Victoria County History entry for Wymington, available through British History Online. Although published in 1912 most of the information is still relevant.
The National Archives' Manorial Documents Register lists all manorial documents known to survive for the manor of Wymington.
Copies of the parish registers listing baptisms, marriages and burials up to 1812 can be purchased from Bedfordshire Archives.
We offer an enquiry and research service, however this is limited to local history, properties and general subjects; we are no longer able to carry out genealogy research.