30 The Lane Tebworth
30 The Lane from the south-east February 2013
30 The Lane was listed by the former Department of Environment in September 1980 as Grade II, of special interest. The listing gives the age of the building as "probably dating back to 16th century but with many later alterations and extensions". It comprises two storeys, has a red brick ground floor and a timber-framed first floor with plaster infill beneath a thatched roof. The building has an L-plan and the projecting gable to east end of the south face has oversailing first floor.
The Rating and Valuation Act 1925 stated that every building and piece of land in the country had to be assessed to determine its rateable value. The valuer visiting the property [DV1/C15/88] found it owned by W. Dolemore and occupied by S. C. Emmerton whose rent was 5/- per week. The cottage comprised a reception room, a living room, a kitchen and a scullery on the ground floor with four bedrooms above. Outside was a derelict cottage used as a barn along with a weather-boarded and tiled earth closet.
30 The Lane from the north-west February 2013