43 Rectory Road Campton
43 Rectory Road April 2015
43 Rectory Road was listed by English Heritage in January 1985 as Grade II, of special interest. It is listed as 19th century but may be older, containing an earlier structure. It is a timber-framed building with pebbledash render and a clay tiled roof The building comprises one storey with attics. There are lean-to weather-boarded additions to the rear of the property.
The Rating and Valuation Act 1925 specified that every building and piece of land in the country was to be assessed to determine its rateable value. When this property was valued its street address was 23 Rectory Road. Itwas owned by Sir Alernon Osborn and occupied by an A Gregory. The valuer described it as a brick and tile building with two dormer windows. Downstairs there was a living room and kitchen, and two bedrooms upstairs. Outside was a WC and wash-house, pigsty and shed. The water was laid on. The valuer noted that it was "Nice" [DV1/C17/175/26].