Methodists in Woodside
Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Records Service has no records of the Methodist meetings at Woodside other than the fact that two of them existed. A Wesleyan meeting was mentioned as being part of the Luton Circuit in 1842, however it was never registered and, presumably, only lasted a short time.
A Primitive Methodist meeting is known in Woodside in 1845; it had ceased by 1858. Again, it was never registered. Neither of these meetings were chapels, they would have been private houses or outbuildings such as barns.
On Sunday 30th March 1851 a census of all churches, chapels and preaching-houses of every denomination was undertaken in England and Wales. The local results were published by Bedfordshire Historical Records Society in 1975 as Volume 54, edited by D. W. Bushby. There are no returns from any Methodist meeting in Woodside.