Willow Farm Fancote
Willow Farm used to be called Feoffee Farm, as it was owned by the feoffees of the Toddington Charity. The house was listed in September 1980 by the former Department of Environment as Grade II, of special interest. The building dates from the 17th century though "extensively altered" It is timber-framed with cement infill and comprises two storeys beneath a modern tiled roof. There is also a modern weather-boarded extension.
The Rating and Valuation Act 1925 specified that every building and piece of land in the country was to be assessed to determine its rateable value. The valuer visiting Feoffee Farm [DV1/H4/16] on 4th and 6th September 1926 found it owned and occupied by Frederick P Ireland who purchased the farm in 1920. Before this rent had been £60 per annum for 35 acres.
The valuer commented: "Water from well. House small. 3 miles Harlington Station. Lamps" another hand wrote: "Poor House". This house contained a reception room, a store room, a kitchen, a dairy and four bedrooms ("two small"). The homestead comprised: three timber and corrugated iron calf pens; a brick, timber and tiled cow house for eight; a harness and chaff place; a stable for three horses; a hen house; a brick, timber and tiled pig pen; a granary with a concrete floor; a timber and tiled earth closet and two pigsties; two brick, timber and corrugated iron pig pens and a cow house for five.