Skip Navigation
 
 

Welcome to Bedford Borough Council

Home > Community archives > Woburn > The Saracens Head Inn Woburn

The Saracens Head Inn Woburn

The Saracen's Head Inn: Woburn

This inn is known only from a reference in a deposition given at the assizes in 1681. Various goods including scarves, hoods, a white hat and stockings were stolen. The suspect was seen wearing some of the stolen apparel at the inn.

List of Licensees: note that this is not a complete list. Italics indicate licensees whose beginning and/or end dates are not known:

1681: John Miller

Sources:

  • AD3272: statement as to stolen clothes: 1681.