Skip Navigation
 
 

Welcome to Bedford Borough Council

Home > Community archives > Woburn > The Kings Head Public House Woburn

The Kings Head Public House Woburn

The King's Head Public House: Woburn

This public house only known from an account drawn up by the Court of Augmentations in 1539, listing all the property of the newly dissolved Woburn Abbey [CRT100/32]. At that date the tenant was Thomas Slyngesbye. He also had a farm and land in Husborne Crawley and a number of closes in Woburn. He had been admitted tenant for forty one years in 1511. The licensee is not named. A Robert Slingsby was a monk at Woburn when the abbey was dissolved and may have been a relation.

Sources:

  • CRT100/32: Court of Augmentations account: 1539.