Skip Navigation
 
 

Welcome to Bedford Borough Council

Home > Community archives > Totternhoe > Baptists in Totternhoe

Baptists in Totternhoe

Volume 110 published by the Bedfordshire Historical Records Society in 1996 and edited by Edwin Welch contains registrations of Bedfordshire nonconformist meetings drawn from a number of sources. A dwelling house of Mary Hudnall was registered by Baptists Francis Hews, minister, William Cheshire, Daniel Ellingham, John Herbert and Mary herself on 17th July 1793 [QSR1793/56 and QSM19 page 50]

On 23rd March 1808 the house of Fisher Scroggs was registered [ABN1/1]. In 1808 Scroggs, with George Scroggs, Richard Guteridge, Daniel Queenbury and James Bottfield had registered a meeting in Houghton Regis. Gutteridge also registered a Baptist chapel in Westoning in 1799. On 18th June 1825 a schoolroom ("brick building") was registered by John Cook of Houghton Regis for Baptist worship [ABN1/2, 2/220 and 3/3].

Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Records Service has no records deposited by Baptists from Totternhoe.