Ardens Manor Roxton
Volume III of The Victoria County History for Bedfordshire, published in 1912, gives the history of manors in Roxton as far as they were known at the time. Ardens Manor is named after the family of Arden who held land in Roxton in the 13th century. In 1347 Thomas de Ardens, who owned the manor, was outlawed for felony.
No subsequent record exists of the manor until 1543 when a third of it was transferred by Nicholas Bradshawe to Thomas Child. Child received another third from Ralf Heydon in 1546 and he gained the last third in 1548 from Bradshawe and Heydon jointly - there had presumably been a division of the manor through joint inheritance at some earlier date, perhaps between three females, as frequently happened. The last mention of this manor is in 1640 when Robert Child died in possession of it.