Old Linslade church from the west October 2008
The original vicarage for the parish of Linslade must have been somewhere Saint Mary's church in Old Linslade. That vicarage was pulled down by Lord of the Manor Sir Vincent Corbet in the mid 17th century and the vicar re-housed a mile away, though where, specifically, is not known.
Old Vicarage June 2008
The vicarage for the new church of Saint Barnabas in what was then called Chelsea was built in Waterloo Road in 1854. This northern arm of Waterloo Road was later renamed Vicarage Road for obvious reasons. It was built for Rev. W.Esdaile Richardson largely with funds collected by his predecessor Arthur Willink as well as donations from the Governors of the Queen Anne's Bounty Fund, and the Diocesan Society. New boundary walls and fences were built in 1865 costing a further £52 and in 1872 the vicar, then H.Atkinson Gibson obtained a further £200 from Queen Anne's Bounty to improve the house.
First floor plan of the old vicarage - please click on the thumbnail for a larger image
Bedfordshire & Luton Archives & Records Service has plans for alterations in 1925 [UDLLP2/29], as seen above. The modern vicarage of Saint Barnabas was built in the latter part of the 20th century.
Saint Barnabas Vicarage June 2008