Skip Navigation
 
 

Welcome to Bedford Borough Council

Home > Community archives > Kempston > The Mulberry Bush Public House Kempston

The Mulberry Bush Public House Kempston

 The Mulberry Bush May 2013
The Mulberry Bush May 2013

The Mulberry Bush Public House: Orchard Street, Kempston

This is a modern public house, opened in 1972 and owned by Charles Wells Limited.

Sources:

  • PSB9/2: register of licenses: c.1955-1995;
  • WL722/6: Article regarding opening in Charles Wells in-house magazine Pint Pot: 1972;
  • WL722/98: family features in Charles Wells in-house magazine Pint Pot: 1999

List of Licensees: note that this is not a complete list. Italics indicate licensees whose beginning and/or end dates are not known:

1972-1976: Hubert Crowsley and Harry Hunter;
1976-1978: Richard Rawson Wolstenholme Hancock and Harry Hunter;
1978-1983: Richard Rawson Wolstenholme Hancock and Thomas Ian Spencer;
1983-1988: Derek Charles Gibbs and Thomas Ian Spencer;
1988-1989: Thomas Ian Spencer and Raymond Reginald Sydney Wheldal;
1989-1991: Raymond Richard Sydney Wheldal and Martin David Lee;
1991-1992: Alan Robert Targett and Raymond Reginald Sydney Wheldal;
1992-1993: Alan Robert Targett and Richard W.Turner;
1993: Alan Robert Targett and Peter Grazier;
1993-1996: Michael Masters and Douglas John Baker;
1996: Lesley Masters and Peter Grazier