Skip Navigation
 
 

Welcome to Bedford Borough Council

Home > Community archives > Hockliffe > The Magpie Beerhouse Hockliffe

The Magpie Beerhouse Hockliffe

A late 19th century newspaper cutting mentions the Magpie beerhouse as being situated between the White Horse and the Red Lion on the eastern side of Watling Street in the area formerly part of Chalgrave parish which was transferred to Hockliffe in 1929. Nothing more is known of the Magpie [HER12002].