8 and 10 Lanes End Heath and Reach
8-10 Lanes End also the gable end of 6 Lanes End June 2008
Numbers 8 and 10 Lanes End, along with Number 6, were owned by Hezekiah Loke when Heath and Reach was inclosed in 1841. The properties stood in 2 roods 10 poles of land. The cottages were listed by the former Department of Environment in 1980 as Grade II, of special interest. They are 17th century and built of whitewashed brick nogging in a timber frame and are one storey with attics and a thatched roof. The porch on Number 10 is modern
8-10 Lanes End about 1920 [Z1130/57/2]
Under the terms of the Rating and Valuation Act 1925 every piece of land and building in the country was assessed to determine the rates to be paid on them. Heath and Reach was assessed in 1927 and the valuer visiting these properties [DV1/C205/59-60] he found that Number 8 was called Sunnyside and was owned and occupied by James Newman. It contained a living room and kitchen downstairs with a lean-to scullery and barn. The valuer commented: "No water, not laid on" and "Two bedrooms in angle of roof".
8-10 Lanes End from the east June 2008
Number 10 was owned and occupied by K. Ritchie. It contained a kitchen, living room and small sitting room downstairs and two bedrooms in angle of roof upstairs. A wood, brick and tile shed stood outside along with a brick and corrugated iron lean-to barn. The valuer commented: "Very low windows" and "was two cottages".