Skip Navigation
 
 

Welcome to Bedford Borough Council

Home > Community archives > Greenfield > Sources for Education in Greenfield

Sources for Education in Greenfield

Greenfield School about 1900 [Z50-49-1]
Greenfield School about 1900 [Z50/49/1]

The following list gives all the sources relating to education in Greenfield held by Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Records Service. Due to the terms of the Data Protection Act records containing personal details of living individuals will be closed in total, or in part, depending on the nature of the information.

  • SDFlitton1: school logbook: 1870-1920;
  • Z50/142/46: photograph of a school class of about 1900;
  • E/SA3/1/2: managers' and inspector's reports: 1903;
  • P12/29/1: summary school managers' minutes: 1903-1960;
  • E/SA2/1/1: surveyor's report: 1904;
  • E/TE5/3: details of teachers: 1904-1908;
  • E/TE5/4: details of teachers: 1908-1912;
  • Z50/142/45: photograph of the children dancing round the maypole and Morris dancing on the village green: c. 1910;
  • Z50/49/9: postcard showing the school: c. 1910;
  • E/IN1/1: inspector's reports for the school: 1911-1933;
  • Z50/142/45 and 47: photographs of the schoolchildren: 1915;
  • SDFlitton2: school logbook: 1920-1962;
  • LiV10: application for formation of a branch county library at the school: 1932;
  • P12/29/3: wish of the residents of Flitton for a school "free of all sectarian influences: 1946;
  • P12/29/2: report of necessity for the school to have two separate buildings: c. 1946;
  • P12/29/3: school managers' objection to the transfer of pupils at 11+ to FlitwickCountyPrimary School: 1949;
  • Z50/49/3-4: photographs of the school and children: 1950s;
  • Z55/1/29-42: photographs: c. 1953;
  • P12/29/4: licence to occupy the schoolhouse: 1955;
  • P12/29/5: H. M. Inspector's report: 1956;
  • CCE1285/7: terms for purchase of the new school site: 1959;
  • CCE1285/17: requisitions on title on the new school site: 1960;
  • CCE1285/19: draft conveyance of the new school site: 1960;
  • P12/29/6-7: orders of service for the dedication and opening of the new building: 1960;
  • P12/29/8: report and valuation of the old school and schoolhouse: c. 1960;
  • E/YM7/9/11: correspondence on use of the school buildings by 1st Pulloxhill Brownie Pack and Greenfield Guide Company: 1961-1979;
  • PCFlitton26/1: letter regarding the clock on the old school: 1962;
  • PCFlitton26/2: notice that Saint Albans Diocesan Board of Finance had been appointed trustees of Greenfield School Foundation: 1962;
  • CA2/866: file on extension to the school: 1977-1981;
  • E/TE3/4: return of teaching staff: 1981;
  • E/TE3/7: return of teaching staff: 1986;
  • E/MS3/2/2: kitchen and other details: c. 1987;
  • E/TE2/2/L/36: details of the school: 1987;
  • CCE1285/20: wayleave for electricity cable across the school site: 1995;
  • E/Pu4/4/122: school prospectus: 1995.
Greenfield Lower School April 2011
Greenfield Lower School April 2011