Skip Navigation
 
 

Welcome to Bedford Borough Council

Home > Community archives > GreatBarford > Zion Chapel Great Barford

Zion Chapel Great Barford

Zion Chapel shown on the Ordnance Survey map for 1926
Zion Chapel shown on the Ordnance Survey map for 1926

Zion Chapel stood in Green End Road. It is shown, by name, on the Ordnance Survey 25 inches to the mile map of 1926, having not been shown on that for 1901. By 1972 the site of the chapel lay under the front garden of 32 Green End Road.

The Bedfordshire Historic Environment Record [HER] has entries on every historic landscape feature and building in the county and summaries can now be found as part of the Heritage Gateway website. The entry for the Zion Chapel [HER] reads: "Apparently a corrugated iron building". Bedfordshire & Luton Archives & Records Service has no further records for this place of worship.