Skip Navigation
 
 

Welcome to Bedford Borough Council

Home > Community archives > Clifton > The Bricklayers Arms Beerhouse Clifton

The Bricklayers Arms Beerhouse Clifton

The Bricklayers Arms Beerhouse, Clifton

Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Records Service has nothing on this beerhouse except a few entries in directories. Note the interesting side-line of Charles Wright, which he was still doing in 1885, long after giving up the beerhouse.

List of Licensees: note that this is not a complete list. Italics indicate licensees whose beginning and/or end dates are not known:

1847-1854: James and  Charles Wright;
1861-1869: James Wright, bird stuffer
Beerhouse closed between 1869 and 1872