Primitive Methodists in Clapham
Edwin Welch researched the history of registrations in Bedfordshire for Bedfordshire Historical Records Society Volume 75 Bedfordshire Chapels and Meeting Houses [published in 1996] and found two entries registering Primitive Methodist meetings. On 28th December 1860 Edward Bishop of 6 Adelaide Square, Bedford, minister, registered the dwelling house of Thomas Shepherd. On 27th August 1868 William Birks of 50 Commercial Road, Bedford, minister, registered a building occupied by Samuel Crosby.
Sadly there is no other evidence of Primitive Methodism in Clapham held by Bedfordshire Archive and Record Service. All the archives of Clapham Methodism relate to the Wesleyan Methodist chapel