Skip Navigation
 
 

Welcome to Bedford Borough Council

Home > Community archives > Cainhoe > Cainhoe Maps

Cainhoe Maps

The following maps are only a selection of those held at Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Records Service. The estate map below shows Clophill and Cainhoe in 1716 and comes from the Lucas collection [L33/10a]. The map beneath it shows the immediate area around Cainhoe Castle on an Ordnance Survey 25 inches to the mile map of 1883. the map at the bottom of the page is a six inches to the mile Ordnance Survey map below annotated by the first County Archivist, Doctor Fowler, to show the field names of Cainhoe. With all three maps, to see a larger version, please click on the relevant image.

Clophill and Cainhoe in 1716
Clophill and Cainhoe in 1716


The area around Cainhoe Castle in 1883
The area around Cainhoe Castle in 1883

 Field names in Cainhoe [MC1-3-3-11]
Field names in Cainhoe [MC1/3/3/11]