The Manor of Buddenho alias Berells alias Frenches
Volume III of The Victoria County History for Bedfordshire, published in 1912, gives the histories of all the manors in the parish of Northill as far as they were known at the time. The work states that this manor was descended from land in Beeston held by Eudo the Steward, alias Eudo, son of Hubert at the time of the Domesday Book of 1086 and tenanted by a man named Roland. Like the Manor of Beeston alias Beeston, Thorncote and Hatch, this manor was held of the overlordship of the Barony of Lindon [Lincoln]
In the 13th century the manor was held by Eustace de Sutton and in the mid 1280s by Richard de Buddenho. In 1316 Nicolaa de Buddenho was in possession but by 1338 the manor was in the hands of John Stacy.
A Thomas Stacy was styled Lord of Beeston in 1416 and before the late 1450s had acquired lands formerly belonging to John Berell and William Frenches which he added to Buddenho Manor, hence its later name. He rebelled against King Henry VI (1422-1461 and 1470-1471) and surrendered the manor to his son Thomas. In 1519 Edward Stacy surrendered the manor to the Master of Northill College, who was also Rector of Northill. The college was dissolved in 1547 at which time Buddenho Manor was worth £6/4/0½. In 1632 it was stated that the manor had long since become extinct.