Aspley Heath Vicarages
Site layout plan of the Vicarage in Woburn Sands in 1927 [P129/2/4/1]
Saint Michael's Vicarage was provided by the Duke of Bedford in 1868, when the church itself was built. The house lies in Woburn Sands and thus in Buckinghamshire. In 1924 the Duke sold it to the Ecclesiastical Commissioners for England for £2,000. At the same date W.B.Stonebridge drew up plans for alterations.
Elevation of Woburn Sands Vicarage showing planned alterations [P129/2/4/3b]
In 1968 the Church Commissioners lent £10,500 to enable the purchase of Linden in Church Road, Aspley Heath from Dyson Diecastings Limited to serve as a temporary vicarage instead; the old vicarage was sold for use as an old people's home. Linden was sold to a Mr.Tear in 1971 when the new vicarage, also in Church Road, was ready, having been built to plans by H.A.Rolls & Partners of Leighton Buzzard.
Elevation of new Church Road Vicarage [P129/2/4/12]